This is a trip with dramatic scenes of sparkling blue water and flourishing wildlife, a huge contrast to what follows as you will be traveling southwest through farms of wheat and sheep passing through Lockhart and Jerilderrie and Billabong Creek, the longest creek in Australia.
You’ll be crossing the Murray River smack bang in the middle of dairy country before being transported back to the1920s visiting a Pioneer Village and the Air Boat Museum at Lake Boga.
Get to see Renmark’s Rose Gardens, the home of the Chaffey Brothers and Frank Harding’s Gallery where you will view Australia’s only Bushranger ceiling mural.
Visit the wonderful places on the Fluerieu Peninsula and it’s history before following the coastline of South Australia to Mt Gambier, The Great Ocean Road and to the Penguins on Phillip Island. So bring your cameras and prepare to be enthused into an unforgettable adventure that will have you wishing it will never end.
Tour highlights and attractions
- Pioneer Settlement & Paddle Steamer Ride
- Air Boat Museum
- Big Lizzie Tractor
- Town Tour Mildura
- Renmarks Rose Gardens Tour
- Olivewood Historic Homestead
- Frank Harding’s Gallery – Renmark
- Blue Lake Pumping Station Tour
- Lady Nelson Discovery Centre
- Umpherston Sinkhole – Mt Gambier
- Caves Garden
- Fletcher Jones Garden
- “Shipwreck” Sound & Laser Show – Swan Hill
- Penguin Parade – Phillip Island
- Free Home Pickups. Conditions apply
- 3 1/2 Star Motel Accommodation
- Dinner and hot brekky
- Morning teas
- Entry Fees